Let It Out Myrtle Beach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let It Out Myrtle Beach

Myrtle Beach Locals

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

tattoos

Go down 
+2
mommy
rb
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rb

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-12-03

tattoos Empty
PostSubject: tattoos   tattoos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 7:13 pm

thinking about getting a tattoo. would like opinions on where not to go.
Back to top Go down
mommy
Admin
mommy

Female
Number of posts : 107

tattoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: tattoos   tattoos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 9:16 pm

Anywhere that you hear someone say "oops" is probably not a good idea. I have 14 tats, and I can tell you from experience, you need to ask around to some of their past clients or you're liable to wind up with shoddy work that a 2 year old with crayon wax in a hypodermic could have done a better job at. I'm not saying that I have a bad tat, I don't, but I do know of some folks that it has actually happened to. The picture books most of them have in their parlors are not sufficient enough evidence to go on. You think they're going to put their mess up in it? Also, pay particular attention to the health score. If it's anything less than 100, ask why, or inspect the paper as to why. Tattoo artists tend to be a little too cocky also, so don't take any of their shit. You are there to pay them for a service that will be on your body permanently. You should let them know that, and if they continue, it's not like there aren't other places you could go hand your money to. Especially with men, a male artist tries to make you feel like he's doing you a favor, and for that you should feel intimidated. Bullshit. It's the other way around. Above all, err on the side of caution dude. If it don't feel right in your gut, it probably aint. Now go forth and ink thy self..and let me know how it goes, okay?
Back to top Go down
http://www.adventuresinreality.net
ABBfan

Male
Number of posts : 49

tattoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: tattoos   tattoos Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 8:57 am

I've toyed with the idea of getting a tattoo for 20 years, but I would back out on almost any idea I had. Is anything profound enough to make me want to have it on my skin the rest of my life? Dunno. Maybe I could get one of the Three Stooges peering into my asshole. Whatcha think?
Back to top Go down
rb

Male
Number of posts : 2

tattoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: tattoos   tattoos Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 9:15 am

you hit the nail on the head.....most of the tattoo artists act like they are doing you a favor. i would like to meet one who is a little humble. i think they need to remember who is paying the bill. i am not impressed with any of the shops in mb. their prices are high as hell!
Back to top Go down
mommy
Admin
mommy

Female

tattoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: tattoos   tattoos Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 2:17 am

And the reason for that is because they value their work and price it to match their inflated egos. Granted, there are some really great artists out there, but to be honest, I haven't seen any in Myrtle Beach that I would let touch me. I'm just really not impressed, but it all depends on your individual style. Art is art and it is a debatable topic. And to ABB, for me, tattoos are an expression of myself. Every single one that I have represents something to me, most often a memory of a specific time in my life, whether it was good or bad. I can reflect back when I look at each piece, and see how far I've came, or where I still need to improve. I know that may sound silly, but that's just my logic I guess. Everybody gets them for a different reason. Some just because it's "status-quo", some just because they were drunk(bad idea btw..the alcohol thins the blood, making it hard for the ink to take--not to mention you bleed like hell!), and then there are others who actually get something out of the process. Just make sure it's what you want!
Back to top Go down
Papalek

Papalek

Male
Number of posts : 177

tattoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: tattoos   tattoos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 3:33 pm

And try to come up with your own design. And take the copies with you when it is done. Otherwise you will see the same thing on a whole bunch of other people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/papalek
mommy
Admin
mommy

Female

tattoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: tattoos   tattoos Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:51 pm

Good point. If you can't draw, get a friend who can. Or a tribal design is always a safe bet if you still haven't decided on what to get. Tribals are beautiful and timeless classic designs. I have 5 pieces that are tribal.
Back to top Go down
Papalek

Papalek

Male

tattoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: tattoos   tattoos Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 7:44 am

I just met a girl that has a tribal one on her back. She just had it doe and it looks great.
Back to top Go down
sccoasterfan

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-05-07

tattoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: tattoos   tattoos Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:18 am

I just had a tat done in Atlanta this past month and it is of two dolphins surrounding a ying yang. I went and tried to have it done here but i couldnt bc my mom would not agree. So I went to ga and I loved my artist. He did a great job. I have seen worse worse jobs done here in mb and I am glad I went to a ten year veteran in ga than here.
Back to top Go down
Frog1

Frog1

Male
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-10

tattoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: tattoos   tattoos Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:23 am

I've got a bunch. Haven't seen anybody's work down here that I really like yet. (Mine all come from an artist in CT) But, I'm still looking...
Back to top Go down
Papalek

Papalek

Male

tattoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: tattoos   tattoos Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:16 am

If you are in the area of Red Bluff. stop in at the Dollar General store and ask Robin to see the one she has on her back. The detail is excellent. Her cousin done it for her.
Back to top Go down
mommy
Admin
mommy

Female

tattoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: tattoos   tattoos Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 7:08 pm

Just be careful out there, and as I said before, check the health scores!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

tattoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: tattoos   tattoos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tattoos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let It Out Myrtle Beach :: Myrtle Beach (LOCAL) :: Rants-
Jump to: